Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Panting for Pants!

Now, for those of you who don't know, the latest look for pants are at the ankle, a little above or as far up as hitting the knee. The cut ranges from Big Billowy Harem pants to more subtle such as a Jodpur style, with a very pegged/skinny leg and emphasis on the exaggerated front pockets; either very draped or with slanted tabs, sticking out more & lower than traditional cuts. I've been dying to find an updated version inspired by ones I've seen on the runway from Philip Lim's 3.1 line & the more conservative & beautifully tailored ones I've seen by Stella McCartney. The problem? Finding pants that suit my figure AND my wallet.

Now, the top 5 pictures are Bridge & Designer price points. The bottom 2 pics are my find!

These pants are an excellent choice for an updated Spring pant. They're made of black twill, have front slant pockets, the updated skinny leg & fit great! They can be worn during the day with ballet flats, at night with stilettos & when warm enough, with flat gladiator sandals.

Unfortunately the picture does NOT do them justice; they're REALLY cute in person. Now, for the kicker...I got them for $29.99 at TARGET!!! You can look in your local Target store or go to Target.com in the women's department, called the 'Go International Jodper Pant'.

This proves you don't have to spend a lot to look like you did!