Friday, June 19, 2009

Chic Greek!


A couple of weeks ago I had the pleasure of visiting Eos, a Greek restaurant on Summer Street in Stamford, CT.  It was such a chic & relaxing Mediterranean experience.  I started off with some lovely Greek white wine, similar to a Pinot Grigio.  It was very light, crisp and refreshing.  It was lovely, paired with a Feta Cheese spread called Tyrokafetri, spread on some pita bread.  I then moved onto an Eggplant spread called Melitzanosalata and some Hummus that were just as delicious.

For dinner I tasted several items.  First I had Loukaniko, the most delicious and fresh sausage I've ever had, possibly due to the fact it's a pork sausage infused with citrus.  My mouth is watering just thinking about it!  I then had some delicious giant butter beans, called Gigantes, baked with fresh herbs in olive oil & tomato sauce.  Lastly, I had Char-grilled marinated Lamb Chops, with a side of fresh spinach sauteed in olive oil & garlic & a side of Seasoned Homemade Fries.  

It was such a refreshingly simple, relaxing & invigorating dining experience.  Between the fresh & chic European & Greek music wafting in the background, the warm hospitable staff (& owners) & the delicious, fresh food, I was honestly blown away.

If you like Greek Food, you'll love Eos!  490 Summer Street, Stamford, CT 06901.  203.569.6250  ;)