Monday, May 18, 2009

The 1 Minute Mojito

Now that it's finally feeling like Spring (OK, most of the time), I've been craving a Mojito.  The traditional Mojito is made of five ingredients: White Rum, Sugar, Carbonated Water, Lime & Mint.  

I used to make them the old fashioned way, by boiling water, adding sugar, letting it cool, mashing the mint & fresh lime & then mixing all ingredients in a glass on ice.  But after hosting a Cinco de Mayo party & slaving over this concoction I knew that there just had to be a better way.

I decided to give the short cut version a shot & it came out delicious!  One part White Rum, 2 parts homemade Lemonade, one part Sprite, the juice of half a lime & 6 mint leaves finely chopped.  Pour in a glass w/a twig of mint, 2 ice cubes & top with a wedge of lime.

Whoever thinks that's cheating, feel free to knock yourself out.  I prefer mingling to mixing!  ;)